Faith Lutheran Church was organized as a mission congregation in 1953 by a pastor named Rev. J.J. Lippolt. The church was formed on the growing edge of the city of Joliet. Where the people went, the church went also.
We began in the auditorium of Pershing Elementary School, our neighbor to the south, proving what the old children’s song professes, “The church is not a building, the church is not a steeple, the church is not a resting place, the church is the people.”
Then in 1957, after the congregation had grown to a considerable size, Faith moved into our present day building.
We've been lead by 8 different pastors, held over well over 5,000 worship services, raised up seminarians and fostered the growth of seminary interns, and nourished the faith of thousands of people.